The Moreland Theater is a single screen cinema. The 675 seat Moreland Theatre opened in 1926. It has retained it original name and has operated as a movie theatre since its opening. Like many other neighborhood theatres built in the 20's, the Moreland presented vaudeville acts along with silent pictures. The Moreland originally had a 2/6 Robert Morton organ. In the 20's the stage shows were discontinued in favor of "talkies".
The Moreland made changes with the times, updating its equipment and keeping up with new technology. It retained its single auditorium and distinctive neighborhood appeal though. The Moreland is still open today and operates as a first run theatre.
The Cinema’s owner, Chuck Nakvasil, grew up in Scappoose, Oregon and is an active member within the community. He is proud to support the outlying counties with businesses which can impact the social landscape while helping on other levels such as job creation and fund-raising causes, to name a few.
The owner and staff of the Moreland Theater look forward to seeing you at the